Monday, November 23, 2015

Without pain, without fatigue

Introduction

Pain and fatigue are unnecessary when running. Both are telling the runner they are borrowing from tomorrow to run today. In the case of injuries or cumulative fatigue, the runner may sacrifice many days of training to have one fast or long run. In my opinion, it's better and faster to progress so slowly that pain and fatigue don't happen.

Yesterday and today, I started saying cadence in time with the click track.

"I am running, without pain."
"I am running, without fatigue."
"I am doing it,"
"Falcon Runners"

The "Falcon Runners" comes from a book I'm writing about an Air Force Academy running team that is striving for a sub two-hour marathon."

When I focus in this way, then I run faster.

Today's Run

11/23/15 (Run 15)
Temperature: 31
Wind: 10 G 16

 Distance: 6.34 miles 

Stride Rate: 127.84

Average pace/mile: 15:26 (Personal Best)

 

Charts


My heart rate was slower than usual. I've been increasing the speed of my warm up walk, and this is helping. I could increase the length of the warm up walk, but then time for the run becomes a factor. I'm hoping that early peak disappears in time.

This was my fastest run. Only the last two miles were personal bests. I finally got a mile under 15 minutes. Internally, mile 3.5 to 4.5 was also under 15 minutes. 

Notice the speed is increasing as the distance is increasing. This is happening at a rate where my runs are taking less time. It's tempting to increase my stride rate faster, but this will increase the odds of some injury if my body doesn't have time to adjust.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment